Where educators Thrive
A professional learning & collaboration platform focused on educator support.
Simple & Effective: Canopy consolidates dozens of high-impact learning & community features into a single, intuitive platform with robust analytics.
Simple to use.
Traditional LMSs met the needs of their day, but it's time for a more comprehensive vision for how technology can enhance learning & development.
Canopy + Google
Use Canopy to organize & enhance your GDrive resources for learning & collaboration.
1) Embed any content from your GDrive into a Canopy course or create new Google Slides in the platform.
2) Copy, edit, and submit Google Docs & Slides as assignments within Canopy
3) Embed shared docs and slides to organize team planning and focus collaboration
4) Sign into Canopy with your Google account
Learn about advanced features
Raise the Bar for Self-Paced Learning
- Embed slides & docs from GDrive
- Record & embed a screencast
- Embed editable PDFs
- Add audio narration
- Upload original video
- Embed video from YouTube
- Design w/ Canva integration
- Add text with links
- and more...
- Add questions in videos
- Create discussion prompts
- Annotate or complete PDFs
- Audio response questions
- Video response questions
- Collaborate on Google docs
- Canva design assignments
- Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, & Short Answer questions
- Embed SCORM files
- and more...
Track & Coach
- Visual progress monitoring
- Review all work from a learner in a single screen
- Provide feedback
- Analyze responses by assessment item
- Whole group messaging
- Direct messaging
- Assign points
- Attach rubrics
- Use subgroups for differentiation
- Advanced tools for enterprise partners
- and more...
available to enterprise partners
Explore Canopy as an Instructor
Visit www.CanopyEd.com and create a FREE teacher account.
Schedule a Conversation
We would love to learn more about your organization and discuss how Canopy can enhance your work around learning & development.Schedule demo
Is Canopy Right for You?
Professional Development leaders use Canopy in 3 primary ways:
- To create self-paced PD opportunities with certificates attached
- As pre-work for a 'flipped PD' model so that teachers can spend in-person time focused on applying the content to their own context
- To create private communities where facilitators can share and customize PD sessions
Most importantly, Canopy's one-tab organization and variety of multimedia features make it easier to create engaging PD experiences that lead to deeper understanding.
Over 90% of educators who experience PD in Canopy say they prefer it to other platforms they have used
Canopy combines an LMS with a suite of multimedia engagement features making it easier for teachers to:
- Design engaging learning experiences
- Track student progress
- Grade, message, and provide feedback
- Share lessons and units with colleagues
Because Canopy organizes all resources and assignments for an entire course into a single tab, teachers spend less time helping students navigate technology.
Over 90% of teachers describe Canopy as 'much more intuitive' than other platforms they have used
Networks of Schools
Canopy partners with districts, charter networks, departments of education, and other education organizations to:
- Create custom admin dashboards that allow leaders to track metrics by student, classroom, school, or region
- Set up private communities for instructional leaders to disseminate curriculum across the entire network
- Provide ongoing training and support
Of course, adopting Canopy also saves time and stress for students, teachers, and families as well as administrators.
Canopy works in close collaboration to develop custom solutions for network partners
Curriculum providers use Canopy like a 'Shopify for digital curriculum'. Before Shopify, brick and mortar stores wanted to sell online, but it was difficult to create their own ecommerce platform. Shopify solved this problem.
Canopy does the same thing for curriculum companies that have mostly focused on PDFs or video content. With Canopy, these organizations can transform their existing resources into a fully realized curriculum - complete with multiple tools for student engagement, built in progress tracking, Google Classroom integrations, etc - and then sell it to schools and districts. (Individual creators use Canopy more as an Etsy)
Join our growing cohort of curriculum organizations transitioning to Canopy: CanopyEd@CanopyEd.com
Education consultants use Canopy to strengthen their relationships with clients in 3 primary ways:
- To offer self-paced PD trainings with asynchronous feedback and a custom certificate
- As pre-work for in-person sessions so participants are primed for the sessions and the consultants arrive with a more nuanced understanding of the local context
- To add a local leader as a co-teacher on a training module so that there is transparency with progress and other analytics
Most importantly, Canopy's one-tab organization system and variety of multimedia features make it easier to create engaging trainings that lead to deeper understanding.
67% of educators say Canopy is 'Much Better' for trainings compared to other platforms they have used (25% say 'Better')
Non-profit organizations use Canopy in 3 primary ways:
- To strengthen and organize internal training for new and existing staff
- To organize information and trainings for external partners
- To act as a curriculum publisher and sell training materials to partners
Canopy offers non-profits an ideal way to organize their knowledge and amplify their expertise.
Homeschool families use Canopy in 3 primary ways:
- To stay organized by keeping all of their learning materials in a single tab
- To create private communities to share/sell projects, activities, and entire curriculums with other families in their network
- To partner as co-teachers on a shared course so that their children can engage in discussions with each other
It turns out that the features designed to help teachers stay organized, collaborate with each other, and share quality digital curriculum with a wider audience are also ideal to support homeschool families as well.